Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Decision

Today has been a very productive day. Bless God! After leaving work earlier, I came home to my lovely wife still sleeping at eleven...wishing I was the one sleeping in today, but I wouldn't have been able to enjoy writing about my wonderful morning had I been sleep so I guess it's okay. I ate two hot dogs and some barbecue chips for lunch, while our little dog sat there staring at me like she had not eaten for days. I felt such sympathy for her desperate approach that I just had to give her some chips lol...this is exactly how it is with God sometimes. Even though we may have received something from Him (spiritual not material in this case) just this morning, if we just come to Him again with desperation in our hearts, He will surely pour out more of His Spirit on you. Have you ever gotten to a place when you was just so hungry for God you couldn't even stand it yourself...all you could think about was praying and getting in His presence...all you wanted to do was study and read His word just to hear Him speak and know His character...you were so hungry spiritually that you lost your appetite naturally and forgot to eat? If you ever get desperate like that, God will surely hear you and respond to your faith (Hebrews 11:6).

Anyway though, I finished lunch and went back to work. I was able to collaborate a bit about my organization's future meetings and such, then I read a little for my class. I finally went to class at the appointed time, and we had a great class discussion over doing an ethnography, which is basically a type of research in which you observe a particular speech community. I'm in the midst of decision on whether I should observe black barbershops or something else more creative, rare, and never done before. The problem is that I only have one week so I better get to thinking...or rather asking God to spark an idea in my spirit lol. So...I left class and talked with a few friends about our organization, and what we were going to do this semester. We made a bit of progress in our discussion and decided to have a meeting next week sometime. The problem we ran into was that no one had remembered to save a list of members for the organization (we have a new organization), so we would have to just tell people as we see them that we will have a meeting. The good thing is that most of them are either in our class or another class with the same professors. Finally, I went to work at the tutoring lab again for a few hours. Talked to an advisor for a little bit about possibly working for the university when I'm finished, but not sure what I'm going to do yet. I made some progress on my online class assignments, and even decided that I'm going to do for my leadership capstone project (I'll tell you later).

Now...I'm at home. I just ate some spaghetti, french bread, and green beans, delicious might I add, and now trying to decide whether I should go to the gym and shoot around a bit while my wife does her zumba stuff. Should I go? Should I stay? I just ate so I'm kind of wanting a nap...but it's too late already for that so...I guess I'll go...I guess. When I come back, I plan to get in the word, pray, and go to bed at decent time, because guess what...I work at 9:00 a.m. Yep, better get used to it now, because college schedules are almost over. Oh and did I mention how much I love my wife?? She is so precious...This year I'm taking the meaning of "love your wife like Christ loved the church" to a whole new level.

God bless every person that visits this blog!

1 comment: