Well today was a blessed and yet another busy day as well. I started the day off at work again, and then made my way to class. We went over our review for the test coming up on Monday, and I found out that we might be having bad weather Monday night as well, so Tuesday might be canceled. I thought to myself that classes being canceled used to always be a wonderful thing, but every time the school closes, I lose hours at work, so maybe it's not so hot after all lol. Isn't it amazing that we only see things as good or bad depending on how it affects us? It is truly a selfish way of looking at it, but hey I'm just being honest...the weather should cater to me! lol JK. Anyway! I went to pick up my wife from class and then we went home. I talked to my parents for a bit, and then came and laid down for an hour before getting up and ready to go to the juvenile center.
I met Ms. Sandra the chaplain at the Waffle House like we always do, and we went to the juvenile center. It was a good trip, and we got a chance to really catch up on what's been going on lately with the center. We then got there and talked with the superintendent about some things concerning the facility and finally went to start the bible study. We had about eight boys show up, which is WAY below the normal amount of people that we normally have, but it made it more of a big brother to little brother kind of discussion. We started out by letting one of the brothers read Psalm 96, and I asked each of them what they thought about it or what spoke to them. I encouraged them that when they read to stop and ponder on what they are reading and allow God to really speak to them. We then talked about Luke 8:11, the parable about the sower and the seed. I explained that we must sow good seeds in order to reap a good harvest, and that we sow it not only through our behavior but through our words as well. One of the boys told the group at the end that his grandmother had sent him a letter in the mail that very day, and in the letter she talked to him about EVERYTHING that was said in the bible study lesson. I explained to him that God was obviously speaking to him, and told the group that that is how they know when God is trying to tell them something so keep their ears open to know what He wants to tell them. Ms. Sandra said a few things about God speaking to them through dreams, and then we ended it. Afterward, they came up and greeted me, and I really just enjoyed the fellowship with the brothers. One named Jeremy in particular seemed to have a lot of potential and God really placed him on my heart to encourage and tell him that he has a bright future if he keeps his head right and do what he knows to do. He received it, and we then got ready to leave.
I came back home and we went to KFC for Bailee and then to Braums for me. My n-laws came over because they were all down for a funeral, and we talked for a good while before some of them left. My mother n law stayed the night with us so she is sleep in the other room right now, and they plan to go to the funeral in the morning sometime. I think I'm going to get me some rest myself now, after spending a little time with the Lord. It's been a truly blessed day, and I thank God for everything He continues to do!
God bless everyone who visits this blog!
No comments:
Post a Comment