I have to first of all admit that this is not something that I normally do. I'm not the type of person that likes other people snooping around in my business, but I believe that I've acquired a new perspective when it comes to sharing your thoughts and feelings with others. I believe that it can help someone when you open your mouth (or type lol) and begin to give a part of who you are. I can say, however, that this change did not come by happenstance, but rather I completely give credit to my wonderful wife for motivating me to do something outside the box. You may think that she had to hassle me for days or weeks to get me to finally do this, but she actually never said a single word about me starting a blog; I just simply read her blogs and began to get inspired by how fun it was to see her thoughts about things written down (and see those beautiful pics she posts as well). If you think about it, that's exactly how it happens sometimes as we follow Christ. What do I mean? Well, just like my wife didn't have to say a single word about me starting a blog and doing something different with my life, but rather she just led by example and allowed me to see what she was doing. When I saw the joy and pleasure she got from doing this, it caused me to want to do it too. Even though I'm a little later in the year than when she started, I'm still doing it. It's the same thing with coming to Jesus. Sometimes you don't have to say anything at all, but just show people how much joy and pleasure being a follower of Jesus Christ brings you, then they'll want what you have just because they're watching you! That's why we should be careful what we say and do around unbelievers or those who are weak in the faith, because when we live or sound like we are living defeated lives, it doesn't make anyone want the Jesus you claim to serve and have on the inside. I didn't mean to preach, but I felt that thing! lol
Now...as far as my day is concerned. It is now 10:30 a.m. I am sitting at work in the tutoring lab here on campus, waiting to see if there may be any students who need my help with public speaking. Chances are that there won't be any students during any of my shifts this week, because most students don't even know I'm here and probably won't be needing any help the first week of classes. They'll probably do like most of us do, and wait till the last second to sign up, so I'll have six or seven students lined up waiting. Then they'll try to stay longer than their fifteen minutes, demanding that I do their outline for them and write their whole speech (which I'm not here to do), but I am simply here just to "guide" them in their work...it's their responsibility to do it. It's just like that with serving Jesus Christ! Sometime we want the Lord to do everything for us. God please read my bible to me...God please do my homework...God please give me money and don't make me work. It's not God's duty to do those things for you, but rather He simply "guides" you in what you are doing. In other words, He will give you a job, but you still have to work. He'll bless you to go to school, but you still have to do your homework. He may send someone to teach you the bible, but you still have to put forth an effort to study on your own as well. Everything in life can be an example of how we serve God. So never ever say that God doesn't speak to people. He will take something like working in a tutoring lab and give you a revelation about serving Him!
I'm about to get off at 11:00 a.m and go home for an hour before coming back to work my other job. My wife is going to do Zumba (don't know much about that) and I'm thinking I might just go and play basketball while she's at it (maybe). I have a few assignments to finish, and some reading to do before class, but so far...it's been a blessed and wonderful day. I'm sure I will update again seeing it is still early.
God bless anyone who has visited this blog!
No comments:
Post a Comment