I found myself really getting in the word today, because my spirit was hungry! I needed and still desire a refreshing in my spirit, because sometime you give and give and give out to others but forget that you need to replenish that which is on the inside. I began to do that today, and it feels good to feed on the good word of God and get in His presence. I went to work this morning, and then I got off and picked my wife up...of course since it's Tuesday, I had to go right back to work at the other job (I love working). I then finally got off of work and went to class. We had a good class discussion today, and now I'm in the midst of decision about my class project. Should my ethnography be one over black barbershops? I believe this would be the easy one. I had a friend of mine, KG, suggest that he would do something with international students. I then realized that international students meet on Thursday nights on campus to have conversation with American students for the sole purpose of learning English and building relationships with Americans. I believe this would be a brilliant speech community because it places people from all over the world in one place sharing one language and forming into one community. What should I do? Hmmm...I'll talk to my professor tomorrow and see what he thinks, then I'll make my final decision. We shall see! After leaving class, I immediately had to go to a meeting for my leadership council. I could only stay for 30 minutes, so I didn't get the whole experience but it was good to see some of the council members again. Pretty sad that this will be the last semester we ever spend together...I don't think it has set in yet though lol. I left the meeting and went straight to work again...I took that time at work to meet some of the people who walked in, and found out that the new lab worker is from the Ivory Coast, her best memory is her catholic baptism at age 3 (which she actually still remembers), and she is a marketing major. Seeing that I'll be working with her for the rest of the semester, I figured I'd break the silence between us. You know what's sad? When people actually fail to communicate with each other and their in the same room. One person actually mentioned that when I started to talk to them. She said that it's sad that people don't talk as much as they used to...like my professor said today, maybe that's why people are just so rude to each other? I'll leave that one alone. Anyway, I finished printing off some things and interrogating everyone, and then decided to ask the advisor there near the lab about my class project and what she thought about it. She said it was a good idea, and she liked it better than the barbershop idea because it was unique (now lets hope my professors say the same). We then began talking about Jesus for a while, and the need for people to know Him, amongst other related things before I finally left to come home to my wife. It was a terribly long day...so....I fell asleep here for a few hours...now I'm awake and about to read a bit for class...spend time with Jesus...then get ready to call it a night. I look forward to my next assignment from God for tomorrow, because I really saw opportunities just to talk about Jesus come today, and I look for that to be an everyday thing.
God bless everyone who visits this blog!
No comments:
Post a Comment